I send L some photos that were taken of me on Monday at dog training. I am pictured with a ‘lesser’ dog. It’s a Heinz 57 thing but is quite cute I suppose. Naturally L is thrilled telling me how good I look with something small and furry. Now she wants one instead of a new cooker. Tell that to the gasman.
I’m on the bus and after work I head straight to Nottingham and meet L at Beer Festival.
We try and support the local breweries as much as possible although some of them make that easier than others. You can say what you likeabout Blue Monkey, whose beers aren’t to everyone’s tastes, but they turnup with a 10.6%er whilst the Nottingham Brewery bring its usualfavourites Legend, EPA and Rock Bitter. Ewww. Shoot me now.
After an aperitif at Flipside we head to our favourites Lincoln Green where a guy from the brewery keeps giving me free samples of their Buttermuch Butterscotch flavoured ale in an attempt to convince me that I won’t like it because he doesn’t. Perhaps he’s just trying to get rid of it. He fails because I love it.
They also have our favourite Tuck with added Vimto. Very odd but ok although it’s better neat.
We forget to seek out the stagnant algae beer.
L (all thirds)
1. Flipside Russian Rouble 7.3%
2. Lincoln Green Quarterstaff 5.0%
3. Loch Lomond Silkie Stout 5.0%
4. Clouded Minds Hazelnutter 5.0%
5. Milestone Honey Porter 4.9%
6. Lincoln Green Tuck 4.7%
7. Raw Anubis Porter 5.2%
R (all halves)
1. Flipside Flipping Best 4.5%
2. Lincoln Green Buttermuch 5.5% (third)
3. Loose Cannon Porter 5.0%
4. Cheshire Brewhouse Smokehouse Porter 6.0%
5. Mile Tree 1850 Porter 5.4%
6. Hopcraft Crema Extrema Vanilla Porter 5.0%
7. Rock n Roll Dr Feelgood Chocolate Stout 6.5%
8. Milestone Tumbledown 7.5%
9. Liverpool Organic Imperial Russian Stout 7.4%
(Thursday 9th October)